KnowledgePlex, Inc. is seeking a Director of Data Content Development for DataPlace (http://www.dataplace.org/) and its other projects. For more details, please see the posting at http://www.kplex.org/?page_id=21.
Director of Data Content Development
Serve as the principal housing demographic social and economic data expert. Responsibilities include identifying, securing, analyzing and sharing housing and demographic information, determining appropriate uses of data, assessing and recommending additional data sources where necessary and overseeing data quality assurance. Serve as manager of data and related content development for DataPlace. Position Responsibilities
- Develop, or manage development of data sets, indicators, and related content for DataPlace.
- Develop, or manage development of, descriptive housing market reports, housing data books, short analyses of data, and other mechanisms for describing market trends and disseminating housing and demographic data.
- Evaluate studies, demographic projections, and statistics for use by internal and external customers.
- Present KPI at conferences, seminars and other public forums.
- Serve on editorial boards of academic journals where appropriate.
- Provide analytical support for speeches, papers, or special projects of KPI staff.
- Demos ands show courses of DataPlace design and teach
Minimum Position Requirements
Work Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Education: PhD in Demography, Sociology, or Urban Planning. M.A. is acceptable with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of social and economics and housing demographic, economics and social data.
- Solid understanding of research processes, methods, and techniques.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and management skills.
- Budget planning and management capabilities.
- Full-cycle program/project management skills, from conceptualization and planning to implementation and modification. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent relationship, partner, and team management skills. Ability to manage external researchers is required on a regular basis.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing, database management and presentation software.
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) knowledge
We are building a dynamic team of committed professionals. If you feel your skill set and experience to be a good fit, please send your resume and compelling cover letter to: careers [at] knowledgeplex [dot] org