Community Indicators for Your Community

Real, lasting community change is built around knowing where you are, where you want to be, and whether your efforts are making a difference. Indicators are a necessary ingredient for sustainable change. And the process of selecting community indicators -- who chooses, how they choose, what they choose -- is as important as the data you select.

This is an archive of thoughts I had about indicators and the community indicators movement. Some of the thinking is outdated, and many of the links may have broken over time.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Charting is Contagious

I don't know if I should feel proud or guilty about this.

My sister has begun blogging now, which is bad enough (but apparently a common affliction, so much so that even the State of the Blogosphere folks have quit counting.)

Not only is she blogging, she's blogging with charts and graphs. All because I was cruel enough to forward her the link to GraphJam (click at your own risk!)

Anyway, in the hopes of some cross-promotional opportunities (and because I really am pleased with her efforts) (and not just because her blog has more followers than mine!), here's her site: My Life in Graphs.

Congrats! (If anyone else has a blog that at least moderately touches on the question of community indicators and you need a promotional plug, please let me know.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment