Understanding how to use and choose indicators
UK NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement, 2008
Available online as PDF file [40p.] at: http://www.apho.org.uk/resource/item.aspx?RID=44584
“…..This guide is intended to be a short, practical resource for anyone in any health system who is responsible for using indicators to monitor and improve performance, systems or outcomes.
2. Indicators: some useful background
3. The anatomy of an indicator
4. Understanding variation
5. Changing hearts and minds
6. Frequently asked questions
7. Criteria for good indicators and good indicator sets
8. Ten myths about indicators
10. Further reading
Appendix A: Full anatomy of an indicator
* * * *
This message provided from the Pan American Health Organization, PAHO/WHO Read more ...