Community Indicators for Your Community

Real, lasting community change is built around knowing where you are, where you want to be, and whether your efforts are making a difference. Indicators are a necessary ingredient for sustainable change. And the process of selecting community indicators -- who chooses, how they choose, what they choose -- is as important as the data you select.

This is an archive of thoughts I had about indicators and the community indicators movement. Some of the thinking is outdated, and many of the links may have broken over time.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

HMDA and IRS Data Releases

Kathy Pettit informs us through the NNIP Listserve that two new data sets are available:

In case you missed it, two great datasets were released last week - the new Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data (tract-level) & new IRS individual tax statistics data (zip code-level).

1. HMDA 2006

HMDA data are collected by a financial institution as a result of applications for, and originations and purchases of, home-purchase loans (including refinancings) and home-improvement loans for each calendar year. For the first time, flat files (both for the entire U.S. and by MSA) are available for download.

http://www.ffiec.gov/hmdafeedback/hmdaproducts.aspx%23LAR_TS

2. 2005 Individual Income Tax Return Statistics by Zip Code
Zip Code data tables for Tax Year 2005 are now available for purchase. Data tables include the number of individual income tax returns; the total number of exemptions and number of dependent exemptions (which approximates population); adjusted gross income; salaries and wages; taxable interest; total tax;contributions; number of returns with Schedules C and F; and number of returns with Schedule A, by State and 5-digit Zip Code. In addition to these items, data also show the amount of taxable dividends; net capital gain/loss, IRA payment adjustment; self-employed pension adjustment; taxes paid deduction; alternative minimum tax; tax before credits; earned income credit; and number of returns prepared by paid preparers. Zip Code and State data are derived from addresses shown on the returns when filed with the IRS.
http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxstats/article/0,,id=96947,00.html

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / whatsapp +1-8632310632 . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete