From Gina Clemmer:
New Urban Research offers mapping and Census workshops, which are great for anyone that would like to map out demographics and service areas.
Hands-on workshops focus on teaching the fundamentals of using a Geographic Information System (GIS) for community analysis. Participants will learn to create thematic maps with Census data, Geocoding (Address mapping) and Spatial Queries. Other features of the workshop are learning to extract Census data and good map layout and design.
- Des Moines: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/iowa-gis.htm
- NYC: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/newyork-gis.htm
- Portland, OR: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/oregon-gis.htm
- Seattle & Olympia: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/washington-gis.htm
- Phoenix: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/arizona-gis.htm
- Texas (various cities): http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/texas-gis.htm
- Baltimore: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/maryland-gis.htm
- Boston: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/massachusetts-gis.htm
- Chicago: http://www.urban-research.info/workshops/illinois-gis.htm
New Urban Research, Inc.