Here's an interesting opportunity I thought you might want to know about:
Best Practices in Quality-of-Life Research (A New Book Series by Springer Published in Cooperation with the International Society for Quality of Life Studies - ISQOLS)
Call for Volume Editors
Dr. Dave Webb
University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA, 6009
Tel (618) 6488-7380
Fax (618) 6488-1055
Editorial Board: M. Joseph Sirgy (Virginia Tech,
Aims & Scope of the Series:
Governments, organizations and individuals are today paying increasingly more attention to how their activities impact on quality of life regionally, nationally and globally. Whether as an address to global resource shortages, changing environmental circumstances, political conditions, competition, technology or otherwise, the far reaching impact of decisions made in these and other areas can have a significant impact on populations whatever their level of development. Many lessons have been learned. Many are still to be realized. Across a number of diverse themed volumes the proposed book series will tackle key issues identified as being of significant importance to decision makers and participants across all sectors. The series will be invaluable to anyone with an interest in applying quality of life knowledge in contemporary society.
Specifically the series aims:
· To be considered the preferred information source regarding identified models/cases of best practice with respect to QOL.
· To be identified as the best working guide for anyone operating in a field of endeavor in which QOL is a recognized key desired outcome.
· To be recognized not just as 'book on the shelf' but rather, a 'book in the hand', or at least, 'on the desk'. Thus, more than just a reference book.
Examples of potential volumes in the series:
· Best Practices in Human Resource Management & Quality of Working Life,
· Best Practices in Marketing and QOL,
· Best Practices in Public Sector Governance & QOL
· Best Practices in Sustainable Management & QOL
· Best Practices in Applied Positive Psychology & QOL
· Best Practices in QOL Coaching
· Best Practices in International Community Development & QOL
· Best Practices in Healthcare Sector Management & QOL
· Best Practices in Public Sector Management & QOL
· Best Practices in Human Movement Sciences & QOL
Anticipated publication commencement date for the next two volumes is 2010 with subsequent volumes at potentially two each year thereafter.
Call for Editors:
· The Series editor and editorial board are keen to hear from QOL researchers interested in editing a volume in the described Best Practices in Quality of Life Research book series.
· Please submit your expression of interest together with a brief few paragraphs describing your proposal to Dr Dave Webb at the e-mail address shown above.
· Date for receipt of initial expression of interest – 27 February 2009