The KIDS COUNT Data Center has been redesigned and is now available for use. This replaces the former CLIKS database, and has been in the works for a little while -- we told you earlier this was coming (and had a sneak peek at the NAPC Conference in March), and now it's here!
From the site:
- The Data Center now has county-level data 4/17/2009
Welcome to the NEW KIDS COUNT Data Center, the place to get all the information you are looking for about the kids and families living in your community. Now including the information formerly in the Community-Level Information on Kids (CLIKS) site, the KIDS COUNT Data Center has data for states, cities, counties, and school districts.
- New Education and Demographic Data Available 4/17/2009
The education and demographic sections in Data Across States have been updated to include the 2007 American Community Survey data. Updated data for states and large cities include:
• Children in households where the household head is a high school dropout
• Young adults enrolled in or completed college
• Grandchildren in the care of grandparents