- Letter from the President, Allen Lomax, calling for increased involvement from those in the indicators field to work together to build a network of practitioners and interested parties;
- A report from Alex Michalos on his involvement with the OECD World Forum, the presentation he gave, and his reactions to the Istanbul Declaration;
- An article by Lisa Capoccia on the growth of the Toronto Vital Signs model throughout Canada, with 11 cities scheduled to release their own Vital Signs report this October;
- A write-up of the Inland Northwest conference on community indicators;
- A link to the new CIC paper, “Creating Stronger Linkages between Community
Indicator Projects and Government Performance Measures”, available on the CIC website (PDF);
- Upcoming conferences and events dealing with community indicators; and
- A call for articles for future newsletters.
Check it out! If you're not a member of the Community Indicators Consortium, consider joining.